Colours & Pictures


I decided to do a bit of scrapbooking and collaging with some old pictures, since flipping through photo albums is always a thing I like to do, and I'd made some colourful paintings that would work perfectly as backgrounds. Sometimes I think I don't take enough pictures these days, so hopefully this will encourage me to keep that idea in the back of my head at all times.


There's something super soothing about making really watery, haphazard paintings like this. It's a really good thing to do late at night. I like to do it just before I go to bed so they can dry overnight and then I can use them for something (like this).


It's nice to have some kind of daily routine with making something simple, and for some reason painting like this just makes me feel really purposeful and tranquil.


It's funny how pictures of the most boring things can end up being the most meaningful sometimes, too. That's why I really want to capture as much as possible, so that I can remember and realise that more things are precious to me than even I realise at the time. Anything can seem so magical after the fact.


It's nice to be able to make yourself happy with the tiniest things.



2 comments:

  1. I really like these! The color swirls really make the photos on top sing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x