Hair Clips & Pencils


I was rearranging some things absent-mindedly and just kinda looking at stuff and thinking about all the things I have and all the places I keep them in, and I thought I would make some nice compositions of things on my scanner bed and try to create a sense of connection between the items and a sense of collective emotion and narrative. Or something like that.

The hair clips up above are so rarely used, but I think they're so cute and I would love to be a cute hair clip person. I'm just not exactly sure how.


I keep a super crumpled picture of Elliot in my card case, I think because I love when people have torn, folded, or otherwise worn out photos in movies. I need to have a poorly kept photo with me. For character. There's my business card too, and my very useful little fluffy bag, and a roll of film. Important objects.


My mum gave me some very pretty colouring pencils for Christmas, which I keep on my bookshelf in a jar. They sit near a box with a bunch of zines and some stamps. I always think stamps are quite nice to look at. Not as nice as my pencils though.

2 comments:

  1. I love this concept and your use of your scanner. That's so sweet about the crumpled photograph.

    xo Sinead Odessa
    www.sineadodessa.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x