Excellent Camera Angles / Adventures In Film At The Saatchi Gallery


Elliot and I have gone to the Saatchi gallery together twice and I was looking through my old film photos and laughing at these weird shots I took there (and one of schoolgirls outside because I thought their uniforms looked cool) on our second visit. I'm not even sure when it was, because films usually take me months to complete, so when I finally develop them I don't know when each photo was taken unless it was at a memorable event. These photos are from two different rolls of film labelled September 2013 and March 2014, so I'm guessing it must have been some time in late summer 2013. I've also included a couple of other photos from around the same time, including one of me looking sullen that you can enjoy/laugh at.

I have had a roll of film sitting in my Diana Mini for at least a year now, I think. I've taken lots of pictures on it, but not for ages. I've also had an underwater disposable camera on the go for a similar amount of time. I have no idea what's on either of them. It's pretty cool how a roll of film can span any time frame you want it to. Some don't get developed for decades.

I actually still have an undeveloped roll of infra red film from a few years ago, because I can't figure out what developer it needs. I've decided that the next time I get film developed I'll ask the lab to just dunk it in some c-41, and if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. I'm itching to find out what I've already shot on my two half-used rolls, but I have to finish them before I can find out, and that could take months! I mean, I could rush it, but I don't want to do that. Besides, I like having this lengthy process, because at the end you get an exciting reveal. It would be a fun idea to start a roll of film on the first day of January and have it document a whole year of your life.

Anyway, anyway, please enjoy these wonky, fuzzy pictures.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x