Diary: Cat Soup & Les Revenants


This week I watched the beautiful short film Cat Soup, which features lots of Dali-esque melting landscapes and plenty of cartoon dismemberment. It's one of those things I've been meaning to watch for a long time, and I'm so glad I got around to it. It has this sort of lilting style that makes it feel like instead of watching it, you're falling through it.

I've been kinda ill with weird headaches, but they seem to have totally disappeared now, which is really great and I hope it stays that way. It's been harder for me to do a lot of things since they were pretty relentless. I've been trying to go for walks and watch films because I can do those things easily when I'm sore and tired, and they're relaxing.


The weekend was good, because I started to feel a lot better, and Elliot made some amazing macaroni and cheese, which soothed me a lot (my stomach is rumbling at the thought of it). Les Revenants also finally returned (no pun intended) to TV, and I love it because it kinda rolls along in this brooding way and it's so satisfying to watch (even though I wish I knew more of what was going on).


I've been feeling so wintry as well because the cold and the darkness have come rushing in, so I suppose Les Revenants coming back now makes perfect sense in that its dark and gloomy atmosphere suits the time of year and the general feel I'm getting from my surroundings at the moment. I keep thinking of home decorating and homemade food for some reason. I feel a strange desire to cook a stew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x