Diary: Blackberry Crumble


I've been watching a lot of films recently (How To Train Your Dragon, Sydney White, The Duff, and others) and I think it's been my replacement for reading. What I like about watching films is that I can do other low-attention things whilst I'm watching them. I usually doodle or collage or run errands in my Animal Crossing town and watch a film at the same time. I like watching the films and documentaries that show up on BBC iPlayer. There seems to be a lot of Henry VIII and Queen Victoria content in the world. Children's films are often some of my favourites as well. I can't wait to watch Big Hero 6 and the new Disney/Pixar release Inside Out. I also really want to see the Amy Winehouse documentary, Amy, and I'm kinda interested in that Steve Jobs biopic coming out soon.


I have still been reading, albeit at a slower pace. I've jumped back up a little bit in the past few days though. Yesterday I finished Hermann Hesse's Strange News From Another Star (a beautiful collection of fairy tale-ish short stories) and started The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss (sequel to The Name of the Wind). After that I'm hoping to finally start reading The Hunger Games.


This weekend decided to get really hot again and I made the mistake of wearing leggings, which made my legs feel like there were fiery insects all over them in the heat. Elliot and I walked to the forest (after 2 failed attempts on my part to ride a bike) and found a huge bramble patch on the way, which meant a delicious apple and blackberry crumble was made later that day. Crumble is great, but this crumble was amazing. Shame it's not a replenishing crumble.

4 comments:

  1. 'Run errands in my animal crossing town' was my favourite line :D
    I really love it when you do these posts, they remind of me of 'My Mad Fat Diary' x

    Alice - the-rose-glow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's the most important duty I have! Thank you :-)

      Delete
  2. I want to watch Amy Winehouse documentary so badly, she was an awesome human being, hey I'm in love with your journals, they are so cute, your drawings are perfect! I love so much the style :)
    Mushroom Rain Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've heard great things about it! Thank you so much again Laura :-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x