Animal Crossing Journal #1: Welcome To Boy


I haven't been mayor of Boy (my town) for an entire month yet, but the town is coming along nicely, and I've got lots of friendly neighbours and odd furniture. I've heard a few people talking about the therapeutic qualities of Animal Crossing New Leaf and I can definitely see what they mean. It's such a soothing game. You're always doing small things (rearranging pieces of furniture, watering flowers, or just chatting with a neighbour), but the game creates a real sense of routine and community that can be more elusive in real life. 

Improving your town and seeing the villagers happy is so satisfying, as is repaying your loans  and donating creatures and fossils to the museum. Blathers the owl's level of enthusiasm for your museum contributions is touching (and it doesn't help that he reminds me of my boyfriend, who is nicknamed 'Owls' and works in a museum).

Here is a picture journal of some of the fun things that have been happening in Boy since I became mayor near the end of September. There's some QR codes in here too.


On my very first day in town, I won the bug contest. Now I smugly display this trophy next to my record player.


Waiting for the salon to open, I've been unable to change my hair for a while, but I can change my hat. I think the frogs in town are a little unnerved when I talk to them in this.


I decided to start planting white roses all around my house. Some purple ones have grown nearby too!


I visited another town during Oban festivities and was given a cucumber horse. A really special gift. I also got a star bopper. Feeling very celestial.


Tending to a flower garden under the real stars.


A deep-voiced, large-eyebrowed hamster arrived in town and invited me over. His name is Hamphrey. Also, I'm wearing lemon slices on my face. I make the fashion rules here.


Another new arrival. This is Mac, the muscular dog.


Mysterious floating presents ease the pain of my bee stung face.


My artistic ability begins to shine as I draw a beautiful Totoro surrounded by stars.


My house takes a turn for the colourful. I've also found myself collecting quite a bit of children's furniture.


In front of the town hall (and snazzy town flag), ready to catch some bugs.


The Able sisters have been lovely to me, so I decided to draw a cute portrait of Mabel.


My garden is getting bigger every day, and now I've lined the entrance to my house with purple roses.


Me and Mac hanging out in the rosebushes.





I made a dress based on an outfit my cousin had when she was little.


Hamphrey accompanies me on a night time stroll.


Me and Mac loitering in the roses between our houses.


Standing outside the newly built campsite. I decided to plant some tulips here. Also I'm a baby, as evidenced by the dummy in my mouth.


Gwen and I relax on the beach.


Pompom is confused by some dandelions, whilst I am dressed half like a grape, half like a member of U2.


Pompom and Agnes are super cute, don't think I'm not noticing your cuteness!


Not sure about this look.


Mac and I bond over our hopes and dreams.


I love Mac's decor.


My house gets more cluttered as I pretend to be a duck.


Mac eyes my watering can with suspicion. Yes Mac, you got me, it's full of vodka.


I love Hamphrey.


I love Mac.


Hamphrey comes over and finds it all a bit overwhelming. Yes, there's a rocket on top of a big lemon.


Hamphrey admires my cucumber horse.


Blathers looks at me with deep affection (I'm assuming).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x