My Dream House


Recently my boyfriend and I went to a little cafe near his house to have delicious rolled up lahmacun (seriously, it's the food of angels) and sweet tea. About five minutes before, we had been talking about furniture (he was thinking about getting a nice new bed) and once inside the cafe I immediately spotted an Ikea catalogue conveniently sitting at the top of a pile of magazines. Perfect timing. So we looked through the catalogue, pointing out lamps and chairs and bookcases we liked and didn't like. I absolutely love sifting through an Ikea catalogue. Later, I couldn't get furniture and interiors and well-lit bathrooms out of my mind, so I made the collage above with pictures from local magazines.

It's exciting to think about the construction of a home atmosphere. Whenever I'm a bit sad or restless I like to reorganise things in my room. I've never furnished or decorated a room from scratch. I've never had a carpet in my room (livin' la vida lino). I've never bought an item of furniture, actually. The only thing I can think of that comes close is the golden-framed mirror I found in the street one day and brought home. I've thought about home furnishing and decorating a lot in the past few years, and it remains a pleasant fantasy in the back of my mind, waiting to be enacted. I tend to have a few homeware items on my Amazon wishlist most of the time (like these beautiful objects below, for example). I truly hope to someday fill my living space with giant Magikarps. At the moment I have the same bedroom and much of the same furniture I've had since I was nine years old, and it's a decent enough place to be, but one day I hope I can create the perfect home.

1 comment:

  1. I also love browsing magazines, and even blogs about interior decorations. I would often make mental simulations of how I would arrange a floor plan, the decor and the accents, which are often of a more rustic/classical persuasion. I'm sure you'll be able to have your dream home, just keep on believing. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! All the best to you!

    Oliver Matthews @ Flower and Fendler

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x