How To Make Perfect Care Packages ♡

A heart shaped box lies open, showing chocolate stars and a toy bunny inside.
The care package/gift box I gave my boyfriend for Christmas 2013

My all-time favourite type of gift has to be the care package. It's an easy way to be personal, it's very cute, and it can be a small gift, a HUGE gift, or anywhere in-between. I like the creative potential too - I love the opportunity to decorate the box or parcel (I always try to decorate my wrapped gifts as much as possible because it's just so much fun). I have such a fondness for personal things from people like letters, notes, doodles, etc. You can definitely incorporate that into your package in a big way.

An assortment of items including a photo of two cats, a small troll doll, several badges, a white flowery bracelet, temporary tattoos and a red eraser.

I like to collect a bunch of cute, tiny, and possibly silly things to put in these packages. Here we have some temporary tattoos, badges, charms, an eraser, a bracelet, and a personal photo. I often go for stuff that will remind someone of childhood, or simple things they can play with or wear. It's good to mix it up and put toys and sweets, but also stationary, personal items and notes, maybe a disposable camera or a pair of earrings. A few things that are more useful are good. You can see in the box at the top of this post, there's a pumice stone in there. Bathroom products are pretty good candidates for a care package.

A close shot of a collection of stickers (heart-shaped, stick-on gems, and Rilakkuma stickers).

Stickers are great things to both include in the package and to decorate it with. The most important thing I think is to make it personal, so include as many notes, poems, bad drawings of cats, and photos as you can. You could print out a bunch of pictures of red pandas or make a zine of bad jokes (zines are so, so easy to make - I find the presentation feature in Google Drive is really good for layout if you want to make it digitally). Go forth and make the best care packages ever!

A small round box with assorted items inside, including bracelets, a ribbon, and a small troll doll.
The chocolate box I keep trinkets from my boyfriend in - it's not a care package, but it's still a great example of the kind of things you can put in one!

Further reading:

  1. How to Create a Care Package
  2. Heart-Shaped Box

A small drawing of a girl with glasses. Written text above this character says "mothcub".

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute. I have teeny tiny boxes scattered around my bookshelf full of bits and bobs that I've gathered over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have exactly the same, little boxes of stuff on my bookshelf :-)

      Delete
  2. Aww this is very lovely! Love the ideas <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw this is so lovely...what a great idea ♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x